Sunday, December 17, 2006

no photos, so i have to paint with words

its been a mellow sunday. a good one.
the sun gently brushes my eyes, its warmth awakens me from my slumber.
say goodmorning to my ween, and move onto brushing my teeth, and a nice soothing shower.
no twitches today. pure optimism.
back up a bit.
last night, my parents asked me what i want for christmas. i cant think of anything i want, that is affordable at least. so i just say,
"eh, i dont really need anything"
they insist,"well, we're gonna get you something... (laughs) need anything for your camera?"
laughing, i say, "actually, theres this fisheye lens that i want..."
dad asks me, "how much are those things?"
"ahh you know, like, too much..." i say, because i know its a joke.
then...a lightbulb pops up above my head.
"hey! can i use some of that money from that college fund to get that lens?"
"no! thats for college!" says my mom
"well...its for education..." my dad replies
"but photography is not education" mom barks
"they have a class for it? and its something i like to do..." me, trying to put my 2 cents in.
"we'll talk about it..." end of discussion, thanks to dad.

back to this morning, i'm feeling good, not twitches, pure happiness.
sit down, turn on a cartoon, still feeling great.
mom and dad come and sit down.
"we thought about it, and, i suppose we can get you that lens, since you dont really want anything else for christmas...and its not like we're spending our money...WE'RE SPENDING YOUR MONEY!"
it was funny.
and now, i'm hyped. so, fisheye lens for christmas! [canon 15mm]
hooray for life!

went to my old daycare/babysitter's house and exchanged gifts and stuff, it was nice, catching up and whatnot.
then got golden a new dvd player...WITH A REMOTE!
so we can watch bonus features now! jamie was so kind enough to give me a board to. very generous.
then i went and had a short YET enjoyable session at the park.
came home, dad made baked ziti.
if you dont know what baked ziti is, you dont know whats up.

i hope your day was swell as well.
bye!

No comments: